Te amo! (Tay-AH-moh)
Thanks to The Baby Einstein Company, I know that "Te amo" means, "I love you."
We taught Jonah how to say that a while back, since it's much easier to say than "I love you." There's nothing more precious than hearing your young child say, "Te amo, Mommy" or "Te amo, Daddy."
Anyway, for the last few days, the conversation has taken an interesting turn...
Mommy: Jonah, can you say I love you in Spanish?
Jonah: I love you in Spanish
Since he's been doing this consistently for days now, I decided to change things up. After supper I put my face right up in front of Jonah's and the conversation became...
Mommy: Jonah, I love you in Spanish!
Jonah: No, te amo!
We taught Jonah how to say that a while back, since it's much easier to say than "I love you." There's nothing more precious than hearing your young child say, "Te amo, Mommy" or "Te amo, Daddy."
Anyway, for the last few days, the conversation has taken an interesting turn...
Mommy: Jonah, can you say I love you in Spanish?
Jonah: I love you in Spanish
Since he's been doing this consistently for days now, I decided to change things up. After supper I put my face right up in front of Jonah's and the conversation became...
Mommy: Jonah, I love you in Spanish!
Jonah: No, te amo!
4 Comments:
Hearing your child say "love you" makes everything worthwhile.
By
Bradley, At
7:47 AM
Te amo Jonah!!
=)
By
Anonymous, At
1:21 PM
so true. . its such a feeling when they say "I love you", no matter what language. I LOVE the way Spanish sounds!!! its so beautiful.
By
kathryn, At
1:35 PM
wow how cool, when I hear these things it is what I miss the most of being single, with no children, I guess I just have to get it from everyone elses children.
So hopefully the next time I see Jonah I can get him to say I love you Lex
hehehehe
ok Bennett
By
Alexis, At
10:47 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home