I'm a super Mom, but I'm no Supermom!

Monday, July 04, 2005

Happy 4th of July!

Happy 4th of July to all my friends and "family" in the United States of America!! You and your country have been very good to us and for that we are very grateful and we thank you!

On July 1st here in Canada we commemorated Canada’s Birthday. It has been 138 years since we became a nation. I think my favourite Canada Day was way back in the 80s when I lived in St. John’s, Newfoundland. We went to the province’s capital building and had our picture taken with a Newfoundland dog.

My brother-in-law's sister lives on the main route for Cambridge's Canada Day Parade, so like last year, we headed over to her place to sit out and watch the floats go by! It was a hot day but we were loaded up with sunscreen, hats, and eventually an umbrella.

Jonah enjoyed handling his Canada flag and watching the many vehicles and floats go by. He surprised me by not crying nor seeming too scared of the loud honking fire engines. He also enjoyed snacking on watermelon afterwards and smiling at the other people gathered in the backyard.

Check out my sister-in-law's blog for a couple of pictures that were taken that day.

It was just Glenn's luck that he ended up missing July 1st AND the 4th of July. He flew out of Canada on the 1st into the States, missing the parade and evening fireworks here. Then he flew back on the 2nd, therefore missing the 4th of July celebrations in the States. It was a very unpatriotic year for him I suppose.

3 Comments:

  • Jonah and Miles did awesome! They are such awesome boys, I don't know why I'm surprised? I guess I assumed there would be some panic because of the time that Tracy's dog Toro pooed in her pocket while they were watching the Santa Claus Parade a few years ago! Ah, what a great story!

    It was really too bad Glenn had to be away - but, we've got pictures, you got a fair bit of video - the parade was well documented!

    By Blogger Krista, At 12:54 PM  

  • Hey Sis,
    I SO don't remember going to the capital building in St. John's and getting our pic taken with a NFLD dog. Was I there?

    By Blogger Carla, At 3:17 PM  

  • I remember going with Kathryn Pitcher... couldn't remember if you went with us or not!

    By Blogger Sherri Lavender, At 4:38 PM  

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home