I'm a super Mom, but I'm no Supermom!

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Do YOU love?

In doing some readings this morning, I came across this statement (Fenelon):

Nothing is so sterile and cold as someone who only loves himself.

So let it get you thinking...

Do you love? Who do you love? More importantly, to whom are you actually showing love in your life right now? Today? Last week? Are you giving anything of yourself to anyone? Are you putting anyone else's needs above your own?

Make 2006 your year of unprecedented loving!

3 Comments:

  • a year of unprecedented loving! I'm all for that! I think the challenge is to love and show love when its not easy and comfy.

    By Blogger kathryn, At 5:38 PM  

  • I agree with Kathryn. We should be loving especially when it seems the hardest to love.

    For the most part I feel like a loving person but once I have given to my husband and kids I sometimes feel like I have no more to give. I want to be the person that offers to help clean a house or watch someone elses kids so they can get things done but it means stretching even more. That is something I want to do though to show others that I love them.

    By Blogger Welcome to our crazy blessed life, At 11:41 PM  

  • Do you Love? I think I do, at least I try to with everyone and everything. I want to strive for this even more.

    Who do you Love? Well I have no husband or children to love. But I do have my family and their children, my friends and their children, I love God, I try to show and give unconditional love to everything and everyone. Again I need to strive for this even more.

    Any way Love is just one of those words that people are starting to use so freely and not really meaning what it really means or do they. Do people say it just because they think it is the right thing to say?

    What does Love mean? According to Encarta dictionary it means: feel tender affection for somebody; feel desire for somebody; like something very much; show kindness to somebody; & to have sex with somebody.

    Like Kath I agree it is hardest to give and show love in those situations which are not so comfy to us. This is where we need to strengthen our skills of unconditional love. Sometimes showing and giving unconditional love will help someone else to begin to love themselves enough to start giving back unconditional love.

    Yes Sherri this is very thought provoking, great topic.

    By Blogger Alexis, At 10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home