Catching up?
While waiting for baby to arrive, my new goal is to blog daily in an attempt to catch you up on the last few months. Although I have to admit I'm hoping I won't have much opportunity to catch up in the next few days!!
So, the big thing that happened in July was the new house. We still thank God daily for this house and love being in it, despite the fact that we are seriously lacking in window treatments, nicely hung pictures and things, and there are still boxes to unpack. We have quite a few boxes of books to unpack but no shelving to put them on, and really, nowhere where we would like to put shelving if we had it. And of course, some stuff just isn't right in this space and we'll have to replace things over time. We'll figure it out eventually. Tomorrow we're getting a new mattress and box spring. I'm very excited. But it's going to mean getting new bedding, headboard, etc because it's an extra thick mattress. The chain reaction that will probably never stop as long as we own a house!?
One of the awesome things about our house is the BIG fenced-in yard. Lots of flowers, grass, and even a strawberry patch. We've got composting going on too (Glenn's new serious hobby) and a built-in sandbox that is unfortunatley infiltrated with earwigs. I took this picture from Jonah's bedroom window one night of him and my brother playing with bubbles. You can get an idea of the yard, but you're missing out on the flower beds.

These pictures are of flowers that I cut from my garden...
Some kind of lily?
Flowers have been a bit of a theme since moving in actually. Since I've pretty much finished cutting flowers from my garden I received these from Glenn on my birthday...

Then these from my co-workers on my last day of work....

These are just rearrangements of the previous two arrangements I did when flowers started to die. They are still alive more than 2 weeks later.


If you ever want a gift idea for me, here's one. I've been wanting a set of these for a couple of years. I hope to be cutting flowers for years to come...
So, the big thing that happened in July was the new house. We still thank God daily for this house and love being in it, despite the fact that we are seriously lacking in window treatments, nicely hung pictures and things, and there are still boxes to unpack. We have quite a few boxes of books to unpack but no shelving to put them on, and really, nowhere where we would like to put shelving if we had it. And of course, some stuff just isn't right in this space and we'll have to replace things over time. We'll figure it out eventually. Tomorrow we're getting a new mattress and box spring. I'm very excited. But it's going to mean getting new bedding, headboard, etc because it's an extra thick mattress. The chain reaction that will probably never stop as long as we own a house!?
One of the awesome things about our house is the BIG fenced-in yard. Lots of flowers, grass, and even a strawberry patch. We've got composting going on too (Glenn's new serious hobby) and a built-in sandbox that is unfortunatley infiltrated with earwigs. I took this picture from Jonah's bedroom window one night of him and my brother playing with bubbles. You can get an idea of the yard, but you're missing out on the flower beds.
These pictures are of flowers that I cut from my garden...
Flowers have been a bit of a theme since moving in actually. Since I've pretty much finished cutting flowers from my garden I received these from Glenn on my birthday...
Then these from my co-workers on my last day of work....
These are just rearrangements of the previous two arrangements I did when flowers started to die. They are still alive more than 2 weeks later.
If you ever want a gift idea for me, here's one. I've been wanting a set of these for a couple of years. I hope to be cutting flowers for years to come...
3 Comments:
Those are such pretty flower arrangements! and strawberries in the backyard? Mmmm. I want to gorw fruit in my back yard. We are growing all sorts of different vegetables in our back yard. Or were...I think they got all washed out from the tropical storm.
By
Kaitlyn Luce, At
8:59 PM
Oh I am so excited for you guys. I know it has been a long time coming. It looks so cute so far. I'm with you on the lacking window treatments. I want my house to look lived in but I am just too tired to get it done.
By
Patti S., At
10:00 PM
wow how funny it seems to actually be sitting down and reading blogs. It has been such a long long time.
I was not even sure if people blogged any more since facebook.
what wonderful flowers you have in your garden. Maybe when I am there this Friday if you do not mind I might pick myself some flowers to take home for the weekend.
ok see ya Friday
Lex
By
Anonymous, At
3:28 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home