Seven Years of Bliss
Well, "bliss" is definitely an exaggeration. As of today, I have been married for seven years. Most people who know us can't believe it has been that long. Neither can we. It has been good. We're not very good at celebrating our anniversary. We haven't bought cards, gifts, or made any plans yet, although I think we do better at celebrating the every day than some people. Perhaps all of Glenn's travelling makes us more aware of the importance of the every day.
Last year for our sixth anniversary we were driving from Nashville to Canada, and I was VERY pregnant, so of course, the biggest adjustment we have gone through in our marriage so far is the addition of our sweet little Jonah. It's crazy what love can make. It has been really cool to see Glenn become a Dad. Through my pregnancy and his fatherhood, I have realized that Glenn is even more amazing than I thought possible!
Anyway, I decided today that I need to honor Glenn on my blog. Let me tell you some of the great things about Glenn and some of the reasons why I love him (besides the fact that I chose to love him forever seven years ago today and plan to keep that commitment):
Glenn makes me laugh. He is silly. We have fun together. He is a good listener and encourager. He belives in me. He's not afraid to tell me the truth. He is serious about his faith. He likes to learn and he's not afraid of change. He is adventurous. Glenn is thoughtful. He likes doing good just because good is good to do. He is not judgemental. He talks my ear off when we get into bed at night. He puts up with me asking him to stop talking so I can go to sleep. Glenn calls me a couple of times a day when he's on the road. He plays with Jonah and has changed many diapers. He cares about his health. He is a disciplined runner and is trying to maintain an irresistible body for me. [Tee hee.] I know Glenn is committed to me for as long as we both shall live and that gives me peace. Thanks babe! I love you!
Last year for our sixth anniversary we were driving from Nashville to Canada, and I was VERY pregnant, so of course, the biggest adjustment we have gone through in our marriage so far is the addition of our sweet little Jonah. It's crazy what love can make. It has been really cool to see Glenn become a Dad. Through my pregnancy and his fatherhood, I have realized that Glenn is even more amazing than I thought possible!
Anyway, I decided today that I need to honor Glenn on my blog. Let me tell you some of the great things about Glenn and some of the reasons why I love him (besides the fact that I chose to love him forever seven years ago today and plan to keep that commitment):
Glenn makes me laugh. He is silly. We have fun together. He is a good listener and encourager. He belives in me. He's not afraid to tell me the truth. He is serious about his faith. He likes to learn and he's not afraid of change. He is adventurous. Glenn is thoughtful. He likes doing good just because good is good to do. He is not judgemental. He talks my ear off when we get into bed at night. He puts up with me asking him to stop talking so I can go to sleep. Glenn calls me a couple of times a day when he's on the road. He plays with Jonah and has changed many diapers. He cares about his health. He is a disciplined runner and is trying to maintain an irresistible body for me. [Tee hee.] I know Glenn is committed to me for as long as we both shall live and that gives me peace. Thanks babe! I love you!
2 Comments:
congrats.............after about ten minutes in glenns company he was showing us pics of you and jonah.............the man's in love and it was plain to see
By
supersimbo, At
12:14 PM
awww...what a great post! Congrats Sherri & Glenn! (And congrats Jer and Erin today!!)
By
Jen @ de Jong Dream House, At
11:39 PM
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home