cold = yippee!
Finally, winter is really here! We've had snow and lots of COLD weather! Glenn got a brilliant idea on Thursday while I was at work - he and Jonah turned a portion of the backyard into an ice rink! Woo hoo! Jonah and Miles have each been out there on their bobskates twice. This picture was taken this afternoon. Yes, they are wearing bike helmets... better than nothing, right?

For those of you wondering what bobskates are, here is a closer look:

I'm pretty sure you can't ever properly SKATE in these suckers. I think the point is just to familiarize your child with the feeling of being on the ice, but correct me if I'm wrong! Jonah tends to be somewhat fearful, unsure and tentative on the ice, although he does alright. Miles leans toward the fearLESS side of things, and so he just walks around like it's nothing, falling here and there, getting back up again and moving on. Jonah desperately wants to play hockey on the ice, so if we give him his hockey stick and put a puck out there too, he'll stand around shooting the puck for quite a while. He prefers to stand still and have the puck come right to him of course.
Grandma and Grandpa went out on a "hot date" tonight (AKA out for supper) and the truth came out... Miles wants to go on a hot date with none other than Aunt Sherri!!! Woo hoo! I love you too babe! We'll have to plan something sometime, perhaps when your Mommy and Jonah feel like playing hockey out back!
Oh, and while I think of it, Jonah's new favorite winter pastime is quite possibly removing snow from our car. My little helper...

For those of you wondering what bobskates are, here is a closer look:

I'm pretty sure you can't ever properly SKATE in these suckers. I think the point is just to familiarize your child with the feeling of being on the ice, but correct me if I'm wrong! Jonah tends to be somewhat fearful, unsure and tentative on the ice, although he does alright. Miles leans toward the fearLESS side of things, and so he just walks around like it's nothing, falling here and there, getting back up again and moving on. Jonah desperately wants to play hockey on the ice, so if we give him his hockey stick and put a puck out there too, he'll stand around shooting the puck for quite a while. He prefers to stand still and have the puck come right to him of course.
Grandma and Grandpa went out on a "hot date" tonight (AKA out for supper) and the truth came out... Miles wants to go on a hot date with none other than Aunt Sherri!!! Woo hoo! I love you too babe! We'll have to plan something sometime, perhaps when your Mommy and Jonah feel like playing hockey out back!
Oh, and while I think of it, Jonah's new favorite winter pastime is quite possibly removing snow from our car. My little helper...
2 Comments:
great pics, Sherri!! love the ice strip in the backyard! so fun for the boys.
By
kathryn, At
1:04 AM
What a fun idea! :) It is cold here too but not enough for snow. I love the pics of the kiddos. They are so cute with the skates on!
By
Welcome to our crazy blessed life, At
5:11 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home